Applied Physical Sciences is the first new science department in the College of Arts and Sciences in nearly 40 years. Including the Chapel Hill Analytical and Nanofabrication Laboratory (CHANL); BeAM, a university-wide initiative to incorporate making into research, education, and entrepreneurship; and the graduate program in material sciences, Applied Physical Sciences has united numerous scientific entities on campus to further its mission of finding interdisciplinary solutions to real-world problems.
APS Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the department in the areas of office organization and financial processing. Training in ConnectCarolina will be required. This is an excellent opportunity to gain administrative experience and do varied, interesting tasks in a new and exciting department.
- Keep public areas clean & organized, restrock kitchen, note when supplies are low.
- Process vouchers and update p card transactions. Scan & file associated paperwork.
- Update intranet with documentation and information.
- Draft and revising word, excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Participate in other projects related to the position as assigned.