Interested in becoming a Work-Study Supervisor with UNC's programs?
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally-funded financial aid program established to provide part-time employment opportunities for students with demonstrated financial needs.
Carolina Works (WS) is an institutional work-study program established in 2018 to provide employment opportunities to students who do not qualify for the Federal Work-Study process but have financial need and an interest in work-study. The program is open to all employers who meet FWS requirements.
To become a part of the Work-Study Program (FWS, CW, or both), a supervisor must be a part of UNC or a community partner who has been approved by the Office of Scholarships & Student Aid. To become part of the program supervisors must:
- Complete annual training on program regulations, rules, and logistics
- Complete annual training on the operation of the JobX system for job posting, application review, and hiring
- Complete an annual quiz over the first two items
- Participate in an annual site visit (community partner's only)
- Complete an employment agreement contract (community partners only)
- New supervisors are also required to complete a registration form attesting to the completion of all required items prior to gaining access to the JobX system
To learn more about the program please send an inquiry to the UNC Work-Study Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.